Sunday, February 18, 2007

About Cheney --and the Definition of LIE

I don't defend Cheney because he is more of an unknown to me. I don't think he's particularly Christian or known for his faith in God. So I don't know how honest he is or what patriotic or religious values motivate him --if any.

AS for your remark about lying

The dictionary defines lie as I do: a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

You aren't guilty of lying if you believe what you are saying --whether it is actually true or not.

As a mother, you will find out that kids will try to call you a liar if you have to cancel plans to do something you told them you would do. But you didn't lie when you said you were going to go to Cedar Point on a future date. Who knew you'd break your leg?

As for WMD, they DID find some --and Sadam was one himself.

No comments: