Monday, April 28, 2008

POST-VACATION ROOT CANAL and Other Dreaded Procedure Follow Vacation

I knew they were to finish up my root canal today, but didn't remember when and couldn't remember the dentist's name so didn't call during the trip. The name came to me in the middle of the night as rhyming with palomino. The Dentist's office ans. service said they were in surgery this AM and not opening phones until 9 A.M. I thought my appointment was in the morning and earlier than I would like --but that's my hysteroscopy/D&C scheduled for NEXT week, I decided. Because after I rushed around, got dressed, ate breakfast and drove to Sylvania, they finally opened the office phone when I cell phoned them and said my appointment was at 2 PM.

Meanwhile my car developed an ominous whine/squeak, so I dropped down to AAA car care on Airport where the nice man didn't charge me to empty a few bottles of power steering fluid into my car --with the hopes that I would bring it back to him. Said their must be a leak somewhere. This ol' '95 Cadillac bought in '96 at reduced price for a nearly new car, hasn't had heat all winter --just a smidgeon of heat from the engine, I guess,as the windows would slowly defrost some, and I was able to get to church with teeth chattering. One repair place said it would need a new computer somethingorother to regulate the heating/AC at great expense --and AAA put in a new fan motor and it worked for a few days --but no more and since Rob was away at school, I didn't have my handy dandy driver to accommodate my car fix-it trips. So I just let it go --but I can't stand not having AC, so that's the next big expense. There are only 76,000 miles on this 13 year old big friendly roomy gas guzzler and my husband tells me it should go another 75,000 before giving up the ghost but wonders if we should look into a Prius --which he would drive and leave me the van, since I don't drive as often--however, he's not happy in "cars built for midgets," he says.





"God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance and have eternal life."--the Bible

No comments: