Monday, July 19, 2010

I've Been Busy with my Meaningless Life!

Someone sent me a comment that I moderated out because all it said was that I had a "shallow, meaningless life." Guess who!


Actually, I've been very busy lately, seeing through the paper work for 40 kids to attend church camp at Somerset Beach in Michigan this summer. (Check out the website through google.) We are sending 17 going into grades 3-5 tomorrow morning (to a 3 day camp) and 17 in grades 6-8 on Sunday to a 5-day camp. We already sent 5 high school teens to camp and another 6 teens to Bible Quiz Team National competition the same week. This follows our team of 7 men who went to Haiti in the spring--and are planning another trip in November.


Today I wrote and ran off 17 copies of this letter for the camp that starts Sunday and 17 copies of a different letter for the camp that starts tomorrow. Then each is individually addressed, stamped, decorated with stickers and mailed! So all of our kids will get a letter at camp.


Dear Young Teen Camper ( name inserted and hand-written instead)

I hope this letter finds you making great memories, new friends, and a new or re-newed commitment to Jesus.

I am praying for your safety, your attentiveness, cooperation, obedience and that you will BE A STAR!

Here’s how to be a star:

14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe. Philippians 2:14, 15


Also, I pray you are all helping each other to make good memories, to have a good time, quarreling with no one, “picking on” no one, doing no “name-calling” but befriending all. I pray that no one will be unkind to YOU, but love you as you deserve. As the Bible says in Ephesians 4:32, “Be ye kind one to another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, even as God, for Christ’s sake, has forgiven you.”

But most importantly, I hope you will make sure your place in the Family of God this week –if you haven’t already done so.

“…to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—John 1:12

Ephesians 5: 1Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children 2and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

And finally, do remember that whether we are already His children or not, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9

We have a wonderful Creator-Father-God who made all the beauties of nature and gave us the ability to appreciate and enjoy what He has made. I pray you’ll really feel close to Him in this time at camp, that your faith in Him will be strengthened, that you will have an altogether wonderful and blessed time.

Love,

Barb

Next, I'm taking 3 kids to the lake --because one of them was so naughty at VBS that we couldn't send her to camp. So I'm taking her with her cousin and brother to my lake --because God is redemptive. And this little girl,9, wanted to go to camp but she has oppositional defiant disorder and some ADHD, etc. So I told her we'd send her to camp if she had a good week at VBS --and she just didn't. But in a smaller group, she has done fine for me.

So, anyway, I'm on to my meaningless life these days....


"God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance and have eternal life."--the Bible

2 comments:

Barb said...

a clarification --when I say WE are sending--I mean "our church." We are the Body, doing the doings of the Body of Christ --and it does give us MEANING!! PTL!

Jeanette said...

I'm so sorry to find out your life is "meaningless". LOL But then I know who told you that and his life is indeed meaningless.

Consider the source as you apparently have and don't let it bother you.

You're helping to advance the Kingdom of Heaven and nothing could be more meaningful.