Thursday, May 28, 2009

RE: Sotomayor and Hysterical, Libelous Charges from the Left

Over at Mudrake's blog, Microdot wrote, "I made a typo, it was Senator Inhofe who said she was "too ethnic".He also made caommets [sic] that her love of Puerto Rican cuisine would taint her palate and make her less able to make clear decisions."

I read this and didn't recognize that Microdot was joking --so I thought, why would any politician be guilty of such crude racist humor--or calling someone "too ethnic?" When, in fact, it was in the mind of Microdot to come up with crude racist humor. I don't think I'm the only one who would think Inhofe had really made the crude remarks upon reading Microdot's comment. I doubted it, but to be sure I looked up what Inhofe really said.

What he really said was reasoned and based on her own oft-quoted statements about race and background influencing how she will make judicial decisions. And her statement that appeals courts "make policy." And then she said, in effect, "Ha, ha, of course we don't REALLY make policy--I'm not supposed to say that" --in what the press described as a "light moment."

Well she was honest. Courts DO make policy and they are not supposed to. That's why the Supreme Court decision should have gotten McCain ALL the votes of pro-life supporters.





"God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance and have eternal life."--the Bible

2 comments:

kateb said...

Microdot's a plagiarist. I quit reading those comments right at that point :-)

Don't spend a moment of your finite life on such as this.

Barb said...

I think the point was valid to make, Kateb --that a typical leftist blogger technique is to put words in the mouths of conservatives --in such a way that people would believe something untrue about those conservatives.

same as when Mudrake makes sock-puppets and pretends to be us.

We are battling lies and we need to do battle lest other people be fooled by our silence.