62% of Liberal Democrats passed the test. : D
70% of conservative republicans passed compared to 62% of the liberal democrats, 61 percent of GOP moderates, 55 percent of GOP liberals --which shows they don't know why Republicanism and liberalism are incompatible.) 62% of liberal and moderate democrats passed , but just 36% of conservative democrats (which proves my point that it is not smart to be both a democrat and a conservative --shows you don't know what democrats are about--like the pro-life lady democrat calling voters to support Obama when she didn't even know how extremely pro-abortion his record is.)
The test was conducted by Newsweek on 1000 citizens in February, 2011. They did it like the citizenship test --whereby 10 questions are asked from 100 possible questions. They posted 25 questions in the article. A person has to answer 6 out of 10 correctly to pass the real citizenship test. Granted, some questions would be easier to answer than others, but they would surely do a random questioning --not asking for the politics of the polled
until after the questions were asked.
2. What happened at the Constitutional Convention?
3. Who was president during WWI?
4. Who did the US fight in WWII?
5. How many voting members in the House of Reps?
6. When must all men register for Selective Service?
7. During the Cold War, what was the main concern of the US?
8. What did Susan B Anthony do?
9.What did Martin Luther King Jr. do?
10. Who is in charge of the executive branch?
11. We elect a US senator for how many years?
12. If both pres. and vice pres. can not serve, who becomes president?
13. Some constitutional powers belong to the federal gov't. Wjhat is one power of the fed govt'.
14. How many justices on supreme Court?
15. What do we call the first 10 amendments to the contsitution?
16. What is the supreme law of the land?
17. Name one U.S. territory.
18. The idea of self-gov't is in the first 3 words of the Constitution. What are these words?
19. What territory did the US buy from France in 1803?
20. How many amendments in the constitution? (Only 6% got this right.)
21. What is the name of the vice pres. now?
22. What is the name of the speaker of the House of Reps now?
What is the economic system in the US?
24. What ocean is on the West Coast of the US? (9% incorrect)
25. The federalist Papers supported the passage of the US Constitution. Name one of the writers. (12% correct)
See latest Newsweek, p. 59, for answers. I don't have time right now to include them.